How Can Geofencing In Fort Worth Work With Home Security?
Modern residential security installations have become more capable every year. With that being said, you may still fail to complete simple security tasks like arming your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these tasks ever again? With geofencing in Fort Worth, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Fort Worth For your Security System?
Geofencing draws a virtual border a set distance from your property, which you may set up in your smartphone app. This modern home security option then tracks your mobile device to deduce when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices use to interact with one another. This technological advancement aids your security system by grouping all elements onto one, unified network. You are then able to draw specific boundaries around your home and program what actions you want to take place if you cross the prearranged border line.
For instance, shortly after you exit your premises, you may instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will notify your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, activate lighting, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Here are some of the devices you can command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics including speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home security system in Fort Worth. When you download the mobile app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of home automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you can:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to operate at the times of your choice. Direct various lights to turn down to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your alarms when you get up.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain components activate based on another activity. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the exhaust fan if the CO detector is set off. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system detects unusual motion in the yard.
● Set a scene: Create custom room scenes with components that function in concert with each other. Have your smart bulbs lower, the temperature go down, and the locks activate at the end of the day. Or program the system for a movie marathon with the right light and thermostat levels.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to set your alarm as you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Fort Worth
Whether you seek additional reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (817) 415-2313 or send in the form below to get started on your perfect security system.