Home security cameras can solely be used as a warning—a sign that tells criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to tighten your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras are equipped with an array of features all built to deliver total protection for your family. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording options or infrared night vision and fast action motion detection, these tools empower you to utilize the most from security cameras in Fort Worth.
How To Set Up Your Fort Worth Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
Installing your video surveillance at the perfect spots around your living space is the best place to begin with home security.. Interior security cameras need to be placed in high traffic rooms like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a smart idea to set a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to pass to access the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear sightline of your patio, driveway, and yards, shed, and other exterior separated buildings, like sheds. Then access a view of your main entryway through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your home that are less vital to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the bedroom could hinder your privacy. You can always add window or motion detectors if you want some type of security in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Home Security Cameras
Device placement is only the first step in getting the utmost out of home security cameras in Fort Worth. The additions described below help to optimize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic notifications on your phone the instant strange activity is detected. You can also set cameras to begin recording when movements are detected which will increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your security cameras to record and back up clips so you can view them later.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of modern security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually speak to anyone via the device. Via your security app, you can make it seem you’re home or talk to your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, gives you a more exhaustive view of any space. Look for cameras that have a minimum of 120-degree angle lens or that can pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will pick up video of pitch black activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the opportunity to protect single locations within your home.. For example, you can program your exterior camera to notify you of movement occurring on your yard or your porch and ignore cars passing or the sidewalk.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera footage, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send timely alerts when the see unusual motion around your property.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Fort Worth is simpler. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your home security is elevated from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (817) 415-2313 or fill out the form below to start building your security system today.