Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Fort Worth? Generally, you should consider three major regions of the home for camera installations: your front door, your home’s exterior, and select interior spaces. Even though your provider is able to advise where you should install, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Don’t Forget To Defend Your Main Entrance
While it may seem crazy that an intruder would attempt to casually stroll through your home’s main entryway, 34% of intrusions take place near this obvious access point. There are also porch pirates among other threats to consider. A video doorbell is able to tackle all of these concerns with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell cameras are even more beneficial as you can converse with any visitors who approach and press the button. With the help of your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you may reply to each instance with 2-way talk and live video and appear to be at home. When someone does try to do something questionable, you are able to have your video surveillance instantly document the event on video and deliver it to your smartphone with a text message.
Cover The Most Area With Your Exterior Cameras
Where to place home security cameras around your property can be a daunting assignment. Fortunately, there are a few beneficial recommendations to help ensure your home is safeguarded appropriately.
- The corners of your Fort Worth residence offer an impressive viewing angle, as you can see two segments of your yard.
- Just below an overhang or directly into a bit of trim or siding are excellent options for cameras as they will be partially obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- Over your garage, as the garage door is a more enticing entryway for intruders than you may know!
- Over a deck or rear door -- or any entryway not visible from the sidewalk.
In each of these spots, be sure to prune any overgrown plants or trees that may block your ability to see clearly.
Tips For Getting The Best Results From Your Interior Surveillance
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your residence in Fort Worth. However, the added adaptability results in there being more factors to contemplate:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: While you’ll want to be certain your windows are down and latched, the natural light that enters via a window can cast a glare on your surveillance footage. Aim your interior camera lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to circumvent this issue.
- Take the High Road: In the same fashion as an observation deck, a surveillance device located in an elevated area will have a wider field of vision. Try placing your cameras on top of tall pieces of furniture or affixed to a corner or ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your surveillance system will lose its ability to safeguard your home if it’s damaged or destroyed. Install your indoor units where little ones and house pets have no ability to interact with them. Consider mounting or another means of securing them to ensure they don’t fall if inadvertently knocked into.
- Houseplants and Decor: The top surveillance system won’t help you much if there is a decorative item or plant obstructing the field of vision. On the other hand, decor or foliage can also serve as a means to conceal your recording devices. Just ensure they don’t obscure the lens!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and other security equipment, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the right package for your whole house -- safeguarding all areas. Just call (817) 415-2313 or complete the following form to start your project.